The benefits of mineral makeup
One of the growing trends in cosmetics today is that of natural beauty products. Traditional cosmetics tend to clog the pores and cause patients to experience skin damage and even issues such as acne. Instead, with the use of mineral makeups, many patients can free their skin from clogging and still improve and even their complexion. Below are just a few of the benefits of using mineral makeup products:
- Skin protection – many mineral makeup products include ingredients such as titanium dioxide and zinc oxide. These two ingredients are commonly used in sunscreen, which protects the skin against damaging UV rays from the sun. However, it is not nearly as strong and protective as wearing a broad spectrum sunscreen with SPF 30 or higher.
- Better coverage – mineral makeup provides similar coverage as traditional cosmetics, but does so without clogging the skin and worsening conditions such as acne. A healthy, radiant appearance is achieved with mineral makeup when compared to other makeup available over-the-counter at the local drugstore.
- Longer wear – traditional foundation can feel heavy on the skin and clog the pores, while also increasing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles on the skin. Mineral makeup is extremely lightweight and doesn’t settle into crevices to add to an aged appearance.
- Formulated for all skin types – patients often have different types of skin, such as dry skin, oily skin, or combination skin. Mineral makeup is great for all skin types. This universal product makes it easy to find a solution that works for your skin, regardless of the type you have.
- Soothes sensitive skin – mineral makeup is non-comedogenic, meaning that it doesn’t clog the pores and allows the skin to breathe. Ingredients found in mineral makeup often have anti-inflammatory properties and are not made with artificial colors, perfumes, oils, and preservatives, making them great for patients with sensitive skin.
Ready to find out if mineral makeup is right for you?
Contact Drs. Todd and Kent Remington of Calgary, AB today to learn more about mineral makeup and other skincare products that are right for your skin. Our team is located at 150-7220 Fisher Street SE and can assist new and current patients in the community.