Poor skin texture and tone can negatively impact one’s appearance. Women may find that they are using more makeup to even out their skin’s color while men might disguise the issue by growing a beard or sideburns. At Remington Laser Dermatology Centre, Drs. Todd Remington and Kent Remington can help enhance the skin with a few common recommendations and tips:
- Use SPF. Sunblock is an incredibly important skincare product as it maintains the skin’s youth and texture while protecting it from developing skin cancer. Additionally, regular use of high SPF sunblock every day can prevent wrinkles and reduce redness and uneven skin tone.
- Exfoliate the skin regularly. Exfoliation is a necessary procedures that stimulates skin rejuvenation by removing dead and loose skin cells from the surface of the skin, revealing healthy skin underneath. Exfoliating and cleansing the skin twice a day is an easy way of targeting problems such as dull skin.
- Consider chemical peels. Chemical peels use a blend of specialized ingredients to stimulate skin cell turnover. These treatments come in a variety of in-office and at-home options that range in superficial to aggressive.
- Utilize natural Vitamin C. Vitamin C is one of the best antioxidants for the skin and can improve the skin’s texture and tone through repair and defense against environmental damage. It can be incorporated into a skincare routine through serums and moisturizers available over-the-market, and can reduce the appearance of age spots, scar tissue, and pigmentation problems.
- Utilizing oil-based products. While the word “oil” is often a negative term in skincare products, oil-based products used on the skin actually help in regulating the skin’s sebum production for better balance and supple feel. Adding oil-based products to your skincare regimen, especially at night, can dramatically improve the softness and balance for hydrated skin.
Enhance your skin’s appearance and health with the help of our dermatologists
Drs. Todd Remington and Kent Remington of Calgary, AB provide men and women with solutions for improving the skin’s health, texture, and tone. If you are struggling with poor complexion and conditions such as acne or rosacea, we can help. Call our office today to book your consultation visit with our team, and start taking charge of your skin!